Welcome to the Peach State Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) - Kennesaw website!
Spring 2023 Application will close March 13th. Request info from Dr. Griffin - email@example.com
LSAMP - Kennesaw Program Announcements
- Spring 23 Opening Meeting
- Date: February 20th, 2023
- Time: 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Location: Science Bldg, Rm. 502
- Spring 23 Informational Meeting
- Date: February 24th, 2023
- Time: 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Location: Science Bldg, Rm. 214
- Peach State LSAMP Alumni Panel
- Date: March 20th, 2023
- Time: 6:00-8:00pm
- Virtual (https://zoom.us/j/95029193019?pwd=UFphdEpYM1pxT08ybi9ZcnBiLys1dz09, Passcode: 569256)
Becoming a KSU-K LSAMP Scholar
What are the benefits to LSAMP program participation?
- Academic mentorship and advisement from faculty and directors
- Tailored professional development workshops
- Academic enrichment opportunities
- Community outreach and engagement
- Mentored research experiences, on and off campus
- Conference attendance and presentations
- Access to LSAMP post-graduate opportunities
- Collaborations with like-minded STEM Scholars
- Participation in VIP projects
What are the NSF requirements for students to be designated a Scholar (stipend-eligible)?
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at KSU
- Must be pursuing a BS in STEM with an interest in pursuing a graduate degree (MS, PhD, or MD/PhD) in STEM
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Must be from the following under-represented ethnic groups: African-American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander and Native American
- Must be active in the LSAMP progam as determined by the LSAMP directors
Can you participate in LSAMP if you do not meet the NSF Scholar requirements?
- YES! All STEM majors are encouraged and welcomed to be involved in LSAMP activities.
Does LSAMP provide preparation for Pre-Med students seeking medical degrees?
- No. Specific development and training of pre-medical students is not a directive of NSF. The focus of LSAMP within the guidelines of NSF is to prepare successful baccalaureate graduates for entrance into Master, Doctoral or MD/PhD programs.
Who do I contact?
KSU-K Program Director
Dr. Melanie Griffin, firstname.lastname@example.org