Welcome to the Peach State Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) - Kennesaw website!
Fall 2018 Application Temporarily down due to Site Error. Please contact Dr. Griffin in the down time.
LSAMP - Kennesaw Announcements
- For Fall 2018: New applicants accepted July 1st - August 20th, 2018
- Freshman, Sophomore, and Juniors are urged to apply. Senior placement is limited with priority reserved for those who indicate a strong interest in entering graduate programs in STEM.
- Closing Meeting and Graduate Recognition
- Date: April 27th at 6pm in Science Bldg, Rm 215
- Good-bye to another year and well wishes to our newest KSU alums
Becoming a KSU-K LSAMP Scholar
What are the benefits to LSAMP program participation?
- Academic mentorship and advisement from faculty and directors
- Tailored professional development workshops
- Academic enrichment opportunities
- Community outreach and engagement
- Mentored research experiences, on and off campus
- Conference attendance and presentations
- Access to LSAMP post-graduate opportunities
- Collaborations with like-minded STEM Scholars
What are the NSF requirements for students to be designated a Scholar (stipend-eligible)?
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at KSU
- Must be pursuing a BS in STEM with an interest in pursuing a graduate degree in STEM
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Must be from the following under-represented ethnic groups: African-American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander or Native American
- Must be active in the LSAMP progam as determined by the LSAMP directors
Can you participate in LSAMP if you do not meet the NSF Scholar requirements?
- YES! All STEM majors are encouraged and welcomed to be involved in LSAMP activities.
Does LSAMP provide preparation for Pre-Med students seeking medical degrees?
- No. Specific development and training of pre-medical students is not a directive of NSF. The focus of LSAMP within the guidelines of NSF is to prepare successful baccalaureate graduates for entrance into Master's, Doctoral or MD/PhD programs.
Who do I contact?