Welcome to the Peach State Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) - Kennesaw website!
Spring 2018 Applications Closed
LSAMP - Kennesaw Announcements
- PharmD/PhD programs at the Univ. of Michigan
- Date: March 7th at 5:30 in Clendenin, Rm. 2008
- Speaker: Dr. Cherie Dotson
- Dr. Dotson will discuss Pharmacy, PhD programs and summer internship opportunites
- How to be a Competitive Applicant to Graduate School
- Date: February 7th at 3pm in Clendenin, Rm. 2008
- Speaker: Ms. Loren Bass, Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions at RPI
- She will discuss PhD programs and summer internship opportunites
Becoming an LSAMP Scholar
What are the benefits to LSAMP program participation?
- Academic mentorship and advisment from faculty and directors
- Tailored professional development workshops
- Academic enrichment opportunities
- Community outreach and engagement
- Mentored research experiences, on and off campus
- Conference attendance and presentations
- Access to LSAMP post-graduate opportunities
- Collaborations with like-minded STEM Scholars
What are the NSF requirements for students to be designated a Scholar?
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at KSU
- Must be pursuing a degree in STEM
- Maintain a 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Must be from the following under-represented ethnic groups to be stipend-eligible: African-American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander or Native American
- Must be active in the LSAMP progam as determined by the LSAMP directors
Who do I contact?