The Peach State Alliance is a collaborative effort sustained by six higher education institutions:
- Kennesaw State University
- Fort Valley State University
- Georgia Perimeter College
- Savannah State University
- University of Georgia
- Georgia Institute of Technology
The goal of PSLSAMP is to increase the number of underrepresented minority students statewide who complete undergraduate degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- To help STEM majors to improve their knowledge on science courses specially gateway courses and "difficult courses" and improve their grades.
- To give opportunity to our senior students to build leadership qualities.
- To help STEM majors gain research experiences and assists them with presentations at local, state, national and international conferences.
- To ensure that students are engaged consistently in research at some level including shadowing to gain research experience prior to registration for undergrad research.
- To help better prepare pre-college students, teachers, and family with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare pre-college students for the challenges of STEM majors in college.